To assure that one of our funeral directors is immediately available and can devote the personal attention and time needed to make the arrangements, we would request that you call to schedule a convenient arrangement time. Although the vast majority of funeral conferences are handled at one of our locations during normal business hours, we are available to come to your residence. One of our funeral directors is always on duty 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
When you come to make arrangements, please bring the following items:
- Social Security card or legal document containing the Social Security number of the deceased
- Military Discharge Papers (Form DD214)
- Cemetery property documents
- Immediate family member names and contact information
- Recent photograph for newspaper obituary preparation purposes and identification
- Clothing – all normal items and undergarments. Shoes are optional. For women, an outfit closed at the neckline and long sleeves are preferred.
- Jewelry and personal items – these items can either be brought to the arrangement conference, or on the day of the visitation
- Copy of contract – if pre-arrangements were made
At the funeral arrangement, vital information for completing the death certificate will be needed. Certified copies of the death certificate are legal documents and issued by the State of Arizona Vital Records office. Photocopies are not considered legal documents. After the original certificate has been signed by the physician or medical examiner and all vital information complete, it is then filed on your behalf.
We will ask you how many certified copies of the death certificate are needed and order them for you. Here is a list of those situations that may require certified copies:
- Transfer of Real Estate
- Stocks, Bonds, and other investment funds
- Financial Accounts
- Safe Deposit Boxes
- Credit Cards
- Vehicle, Mobile Home, Boat and Trailer Title Transfers
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Civil Service Federal Employees
- Personal Income Tax
- Employee Retirement Account
The State of Arizona will provide one free copy each for Social Security and Veteran Benefits.
Although we strive to be of assistance to our families in any way we can, Hansen Mortuaries is regulated by the State of Arizona and can only obtain certified copies on behalf of the following individuals:
Surviving Spouse, Mother, Father, Son, Daughter, Brother, Sister, Grandparents or Cousin. All other persons wishing to apply for certified copies of the Death Certificate must apply within 30 days of death directly to:
Office of Vital Records
PO Box 3887
Phoenix, AZ 85030
Note: When applying for records at the Office of Vital Records, applicants must provide current identification such as a valid Driver’s License or Passport and may be required to provide a notarized copy of the deceased’s will, joint account(s) information, or other legal documents.