Steven Effendi Solo Soekrasno
April 08, 1972 - July 13, 2021
Steven was a beloved member of his family with many talents. He was an enthusiastic cook who insisted on preparing food that tasted great and looked beautiful. He loved to take beautiful photos of food and his photography had recently won him an award.
He had a great ability to gather friends and family to create a spontaneous celebration, the bigger the better. And, salsa dancing was mandatory. So many wonderful friendships were created amongst the people drawn to him. There are family and friends in the US, Suriname, Aruba and The Netherlands that will miss his daily communications. There were funny and uplifting videos, photos of food, or even just what he was up to that day. He was always thinking of others and keeping connected with everyone.
If you had a pending repair or project, Steven was the first to say, "I can do that. It's no problem." There was no job too complicated; and he was always there to help us keep our homes, autos and electronics functioning.
Steven was a force of nature with an energy and spirit that was hard to match when it came to bringing people together, especially to share great food, to hear music and for dancing. In his life, he was very generous and would go out of his way to help all of his family and friends, even strangers, without giving it a second thought. Most of his decisions in life were made this way, directly from the Heart. This is the essence of Steven that we know will live on in our memories.
Steven leaves behind:
- Wife Susan Soekrasno
- Sons Luc Soekrasno & Willem Soekrasno
- Mother Rita V. Sabajo & Papa Chico
- Sister Romana Sabajo and partner Steve Snijders & Son Furgil
- Sister Ratna Soekrasno and partner Rajesh Sewnarain
- Brother Marlon Sabajo and children Niabella & Chase
- Aunts and Uncles in Suriname & The Netherlands
- Cousins in the US, Scotland, Aruba, Suriname & The Netherlands.
Live stream service links:
- Wednesday, July 21, 2021: https://vimeo.com/577286351
- Thursday, July 22, 2021: https://vimeo.com/577289136