For more than 60 years, the Hansen family has been celebrating lives and comforting families across Arizona. We are always available to assist when that time comes, and we’re humbled and honored to serve. Motivated by the founding core principles of integrity for the deceased, care for the family, and charity to the community, Hansen Mortuaries is helping in the fight against distracted driving.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 3,331 people lost their lives and another 387,000 people were injured in distraction-affected crashes in 2011. From texting and talking on the cell phone to eating and grooming, distracted driving is an epidemic that can be cured with just a few simple, common-sense tips.
- If it’s urgent, pull over. The amount of time you’ll spend making that call or replying to that text is nothing compared to the potential cost of losing focus on the road.
- Turn it off or silence it, and put it away. If you take away the temptation, the situation can’t arise.
- Leave a message. On your voice mail, include the information that if you’re driving, you’ll call them back when it’s safe. Your caller will thank you!
- Focus! The National Safety Council confirms that multitasking doesn’t work, especially behind the wheel.
- Use your friends and family. If you absolutely must respond, have your passenger handle the communications for you.
These are just a few tips for handling distracted driving. For more information, visit: //www.distraction.gov
[contact-form-7 id=”1970″ title=”Take Your Time :: Dont Text and Drive!”]
From our family to yours, please, don’t text and drive –
we’re in no hurry to see you.